Saturday 3 March 2018

Hawa, Granville


It's been some time since I've been to Hawa but I've been having some cravings so Matt and I had to go back for a meal. Not much has changed since I last went. 

Hawa is a casual eatery with a large dining space to accommodate many customers.  Hawa is a short stroll from Granville Station but we drive on this occasion. We park in the big car park across from the station. There's a short queue ahead of Matt and I at approx 2pm on Saturday. We order at the counter and sit down with our number.

I basically prefer a simple staple of charcoal chicken, garlic sauce, chips and lebanese bread but Matt insists that it's not a proper meal without the other dips.



We end up order a Mixed 1/2 Chicken Plate ($23.90) which comes with half a chicken, tabbouli, garlic cream, hummus, baba ghanoush, pickles, two falafels and lebanese bread. The falafels look so crunchy and delicious on the outside. Matt bites into the falafel and looks so satisfied that I suggest he eats both.

Meanwhile I get the lebanese bread, rip off a piece and start spreading garlic cream and with the bowl of chips ($4.50) and also the charcoal chicken. It's such a great mix. I finish off with bites of the pickles which bring a great tartness to the mouth and a few bites of the tabbouli salad. 


Matt looks pretty happy. I'm happy. It's such a simple meal but the combination of the flavours is great.  I do like eating the hummus and baba ghanoush as well with the bread but the garlic is my favourite. 

The chips are well seasoned. The mixed plate with the chips makes for a satisfying meal for two. Awesome stuff. Great afternoon. I'm loving life.

Summary: Hawa has remained a very popular venue in Granville for the simple but delicious combination of chicken, garlic and other dips. I think it's a great place for a casual meal. I love their work.

Price: $10-15 per person


Location: 43-45 South St, Granville


Opening Hours: 

9:30am to 12am daily

Hawa Charcoal Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Hawa, Granville" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites North Indian Veg Restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Waterloo
    End of lease cleaning North Manly
    End of lease cleaning North Bondi

    ReplyDelete