Wednesday 13 September 2017

Meet Mica, Surry Hills


"Meet Mica" is located in Surry Hills and I predict future long lines. Why? Because it's got the X factor. There's high quality coffee from the little marionette and a delightful Asian Fusion menu.


Steph and I head to Meet Mica in Surry Hills for some lunch. The decore is inviting and modern.  The cafe is completely full by the time we get there on Monday afternoon so Steph and I share a table with two random girls in the cafe. I don't mind sharing as it gives me an opportunity to see what they have ordered. But first some drinks..


I order a purple juice ($7) which has apple, beetroot, carrot, ginger, celery and lemon. I'm really into my juices at the moment - it's an additional way to get some sneaky fruits and vegetables into the meal in an enjoyable way. The purple juice is well balanced in sweetness and nutrition.

Steph goes for her 3/4 cappuccino and she tells me she loves the little marionette coffee. PLUS she finds a nice bear in her coffee. How adorable and enticing! The matcha cookie is also delicious.



Fish and Dashi ($24) is the chef's selection of fish served in a umami-rich dashi with fish noodles, winter greens, spring onion and fish cakes. The noodles are made from fish which is really unique but still have that noodle texture. There's also crispy fish pieces to enjoy with the light balanced dashi broth. This is refreshing and lighter dish. Very unique.



Then there's the Lite Sammies Bento ($14.50) which is a cute little box of sandwiches. There's the smoked salmon, mustard, dill cream, pickled fennel and mixed greens in one sandwich. The second is the avocado, grilled zucchini, roasted pepper, spinach and pesto and finally there's the Japanese egg roll and lettuce sandwich. The bento is accompanied by crunchy lotus root chips and edamame beans to snack on the side. I really like this dish as it sexes up the simple sanga and provides for some variety with a Japanese twist.





My favourite though was the Spicy crab and rice noodle roll ($20) which has crumbed crab meat, bok choy, onion silvers, fish crunch, rice noodle roll sauted with house spicy jam. The rice noodle was mildly spicy but had so much flavour from that spicy house jam. The mesh of textures from the tofu, crunchy crab and onion was perfect. I highly recommend.

Summary: I highly recommend dropping by to Meet Mica for a nice brunch or lunch. You will love their coffees or menu dishes. My pick is the Spicy Crab and Rice Noodle Roll. 

The matcha toast and the lobster congee was sold out unfortunately by the time I got there.

Price: $15-20 for most mains


Location: 492 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

Closed Wednesday
Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri - 7am to 3pm
Weekends 8am to 4pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty Media. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Meet Mica Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity..
    Θωρακισμένες πόρτες

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    BBQ cleaning Alexandria
    End of lease cleaning Barangaroo
    End of lease cleaning Badgerys Creek

    ReplyDelete