Wednesday 9 December 2015

Sahara by the Park, Burwood

Sahara by the Park in Burwood is a delightful Turkish eatery.
On a whim, I checked out Sahara by the Park in Burwood and was pleasantly surprised. It's got a zomato rating of 3.6 and based on my experience the rating is harsh, I would give it a 4/5 because I had a great experience. 

I was seated upstairs which had a laid back atmosphere with music and paintings and little trinkets on the wall.

To start off, I order an apple turkish tea (left, $2.50) and look through the menu. My friend orders a toohey's extra dry ($7.50). 

I was hungry so to share, I ordered the Sucuk (which is a spicy sausage) and egg pide which is a turkish flat bread ($17.50, Top photo and below). The pide is freshly cooked and while it looks burnt - it's just simply cripsy. There's a decent amount of cheese and the spicy sausage is sporadically spread out. The Pide was very tasty! I quite enjoyed this dish and it would be perfect for sharing. 


I also ordered the Shish Chicken ($24.50, below) which is a mini platter of chicken on a bed of bread, garlic sauce, sides of tabouli, onion, tomato and rice. The chicken is quite succulent and complements all the trimmings. Again, ideal for sharing and eating with your hands. I pick up the chicken with the bread and add the sides along with the garlic sauce for a delicious combination.

If you are an entertainment book owner as well, you can get 25% off the bill (limits apply). I had a great time and would love to come back to try more dishes!!

Prices: $30 per person

Location: 100 Burwood Rd, Burwood (right outside of Westfield entrance)


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 7/10


Sahara By The Park Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment