Wednesday 25 May 2016

Welcome BBQ, Eastwood

SIZZLE. Welcome BBQ is highly rated on Zomato and my friend Mel choose this venue because she liked the name. I had no expectations but was surprised.





Welcome BBQ is located in Eastwood and is a 5 minute walk from the station. From the outside, there is a range of Korean dishes. 


I ordered the Korean BBQ Set B Meat Platter (top photo $45) which had marinated beef ribs, beef brisket and scotch fillet. The Korean meal came with many sides. I always go for the Kim Chi.

The meat also comes with a side of sauce, garlic and chilli (bottom). The meat platter is ideal for sharing.






Welcome BBQ has a hot coal Korean BBQ so there's no risk of an exploding gas cylinder. Once the meat is starting to sizzle, the meaty aromas spread throughout the room. My appetite magically appears and I am hungry. Medium rare please! The meat is so delicious. You must keep your eye on the grill.




I also ordered a bibimbap with a vegetarian option ($15, above).  This is a classic Korean dish of rice, mushroom, cucumber, bean sprouts, carrot, spinach in a sizzling pot and topped with chilli sauce. It's best eaten mixed up with the chilli sauce. 




The absolute highlight of the meal and a 150% recommendation is the spicy sauced Korean Fried chicken with peanuts ($30, below). It's hard to articulate how delicious this chicken was. The skin is saucy in a finger looking good manner, it's not spicy at all. It's more a mild soy chilli. The flesh is plentiful and moist on the inside. I absolutely loved the chicken. You must order this chicken.




As I was dining with a vegetarian, I also ordered the egg roll ($19, above) with cheese and vegetables. It's topped with a sweet hoi sin-like sauce. It's not bad.



Highlights: The fried chicken was the bomb!!! I still have very fond memories of the chicken. You have to order this dish. I thought the Korean BBQ experience was also very enjoyable. I had a really great time.

Suggested Improvements: When they serve water, it's actually a light cold tea but it's a slight yellow colour. My friends thought the cups were dirty but they weren't. I think the staff should explain this up front.


Location: 94 Rowe St, Eastwood


Price: $30 per person


Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you love Korean food.
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Welcome BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment