Friday 19 August 2016

Driftwood on the Bay, La Perouse


Driftwood on the Bay is a casual cafe located in La Perouse. I stop by for some lunch and check it out.


La Perouse is a beautiful area. Driftwood on the Bay is right by the bay (hence the name) so it's a nice venue for a casual lunch if you are a local. One of the staff tell me that they have a lot of regulars that come by as they are big fans of the coffee and the pasta. There's a steady line during lunch time.

I order the iced nutella drink (above, $5.50) which has a nice dose of Nutella. I definitely recommend if you are a chocolate fan. The mango smoothie was nice as well with clear ice creamy and mango flavours ($6.50, below).


For lunch, I order the special which is the Fettucini De Mare which had king prawns, scallops in a tomato and white wine sauce with herbs (below $28). It's a generous serving of seafood with the large king prawns (which was peeled in the middle) and scallops. The sauce is simple and a bit bland for my liking. The pasta is fresh and tasty.




I also instantly eye off another special which is the Fatwood Burger (above $17.50) which has a stuffed beef patty with mushroom, mozzarella, ice berg lettuce, tomato, pickle maple roasted bacon with chipotle mayo. It's also served with a side of chips. This burger is epic in size so you better be hungry. The chips are decent. Nice flavour combinations.


If you are more health conscious, I would recommend a salad. They are decent in size so you could share with a few people as well. I check out the salad of marinated beetroot, pumpkin, baby spinach with goats feta and shaved almonds ($15, below).

Summary: Driftwood on the Bay seems to be the place for coffee lovers and is a nice venue for a casual lunch. It's child friendly and has a nice decore. I like the wall full of funny signs. I'm also a big fan of Bare Grill which is nearby but can be very BUSY as it's very popular for burgers.

Price: $25ish per person

Location: 1/1599-1601 Anzac Parade, La Perouse


Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 7:30AM to 9:30PM


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Ompty. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

Driftwood On The Bay Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks.
    Θωρακισμένες πόρτες

    ReplyDelete