Thursday 22 September 2016

Chef's Gallery, Sydney CBD


Chef's Gallery is a regular haunt for my work colleagues. We decide to escape the office jungle and eat a delicious lunch at Chef's Gallery.


I've been to Chef's Gallery a few times and my work colleagues put their trust in me and I order for the three of us. After taking into consideration everyone's preferences I suggest we order wok stir fried shredded pork, cabbage, fungus strips with hand made noodles.

I'm a sucker for hand made noodles and these are quickly slurped down. I also really enjoy the dumplings so we order the vegetarian dumplings (above, $10.90) and the prawn and pork wontons in a Shanghainese chilli sauce ($10.90, below). The Shanghainese chilli sauce is quite rich so it's best eaten with just the dumplings. 



I also quite like the lamb roti ($16.90, below). It's a bit spicey but I love the flakey roti bread. You can taste the flavours of the cumin coming through but makes for a different dish in terms of texture and flavour.



Summary: I had another nice lunch at Chef's Gallery. My experiences are always consistent and delicious. My work colleagues enjoyed lunch and were very satisfied.

It's more up-market than a lot of the cheap and cheerful places in China town but the decore is nicer and it looks cleaner. 

Price: $25ish per person

Location: 12/501 George st, Sydney


Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 11:30am to 3pm and 5:30pm to 10pm. Saturday and Sunday 11:30am to 10pm



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you love hand made noodles and dumplings
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10




Chefs Gallery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment